Machine Learning for Investment Professionals
Gain an understanding of machine learning along with the technical and soft skills needed to use it in the investment process.
About This Course
This course is uniquely tailored to the needs of investment professionals or those with investment industry knowledge who want to develop a basic, practical understanding of machine learning techniques and how they are used in the investment process. Incorporating real-life case studies, this course covers both the technical and the “soft skills” necessary for investment professionals to stay relevant.
During this online course, you will have the opportunity to gain practical experience through immersive code labs that draw on real-world scenarios.
Course modules include:
- Module 1: Machine Learning
- Module 2: Supervised Learning
- Module 3: Unsupervised Learning
- Module 4: Deep Learning
- Module 5: The Translator
This course is part of the Data Science for Investment Professionals Certificate.
This course is part of a data science series. It is suggested, but not required, that learners complete the courses in the recommended order below to ensure uniform foundational knowledge.
- Data and Statistics Foundation for Investment Professionals
- Statistics for Machine Learning for Investment Professionals
- Machine Learning for Investment Professionals
- Natural Language Processing for Investment Professionals
- Mitigating Biases in the Data Science Pipeline for Investment Professionals
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this online course you will be able to:
- Describe how machine learning applications can address real-world investment problems
- Utilize the language of data science when working with data scientists and data engineers
- Explain machine learning concepts and techniques to a non-expert audience
- Apply the CFA Institute Ethical Decision-Making Framework to machine learning dilemmas
- Quantitative Methods
Statistics for Machine Learning for Investment Professionals
Examine modeling frameworks and get familiar with Python and R languages to improve investment decision making.
Natural Language Processing for Investment Professionals
Learn to leverage NLP in sentiment analysis for use in investment valuation models and the decision-making process.
Data Science for Investment Professionals Certificate
Gain practical understanding of data science and machine learning applications in the investment process.