Understand the major tools and techniques of return attribution on both equity and fixed income portfolios.
About This Course
This short course will enable you to understand the major tools and techniques of return attribution on both equity and fixed income portfolios. You will cover commonly used models of return attribution, performance benchmarking and specialist techniques for fixed income portfolios. After completing this course, you will feel more confident in your attribution conversations with clients and colleagues.
This course is not suitable for those who have already undertaken or are undertaking the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM®) Program.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand and utilize models of return attribution.
- Identify appropriate benchmarks for performance appraisal.
- Explain the correct use of custom or ‘strategy’ benchmarks.
- Apply specialist attribution techniques to fixed income portfolio.
Develop your performance measurement and evaluation skills.
- Return Analysis & Performance Measurement
- Fixed Income Investments
- Active Management
- Portfolio Optimization & Rebalancing
- Investment Products & Asset Classes
- Investment Management Strategies
Investment Manager Selection
Learn about the important elements of the manager selection process and a framework that you can use in developing your own approach.
Risk Measurement, Risk Attribution, and Performance Appraisal
Measure and attribute risk and analyze portfolio characteristics to monitor investment mandate implementation as well as various performance appraisal measures.
Performance Evaluation: Return Measurement and Data Integrity
Learn techniques to assess investment results, determine sources of returns, and evaluate investment managers.