DeFi: Introduction to Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
Essentials of blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, hashing, mining, smart contracts, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and more.
About This Course
This course provides a solid foundation for those who wish to gain an understanding of the fast-moving subject of decentralized finance (DeFi) and its impact on the asset management industry. Course content is informative, thought-provoking, and offers a glimpse into the future. This beginner-level course provides an essential introduction to the elements that define DeFi, including what it is, how it works, and the advantages it offers over more traditional centralized finance.
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a foundational understanding of how blockchain technology works
- Understand current applications of the technology and its potential impact in decentralized finance
- Learn about the current issues around this technology, including risks and governance
- Leave with an understanding of the DeFi landscape and the ability critically evaluate DeFi applications and protocols
- Develop the ability to assess how the world of DeFi is affected by the “traditional world”
- Inspect your capacity for imagining what the future might look like
- Financial Markets
- Alternative Assets
Measure and attribute risk and analyze portfolio characteristics to monitor investment mandate implementation as well as various performance appraisal measures.
Learn techniques to assess investment results, determine sources of returns, and evaluate investment managers.