About This Course
This course provides a high-level introduction to the features of hedge funds, their structures, risk and return profiles as well as the diversification benefits of hedge fund investments. The course covers the five main types of hedge fund strategies, including equity-related, event-driven, relative value, opportunistic, and multi-manager strategies, and the key sub-strategies within each. This course explains performance appraisal issues for hedge funds, and hedge fund returns including their calculation and interpretation, and how to perform due diligence of hedge funds as a systematic process.
Course modules include:
- Module 1: Introduction to Hedge Fund Investments
- Module 2: Hedge Fund Strategies
- Module 3: Hedge Fund Performance Appraisal, Investment Returns, and Due Diligence
- Module 4: Practitioner Perspectives
This course is part of the Private Markets and Alternative Investments Certificate.
This course is part of a private markets and alternative investment series. It is suggested, but not required, that learners complete the courses in the recommended order below to ensure uniform foundational knowledge.
- Introduction to Private Markets and Alternative Investments
- Private Equity and Private Credit Investments
- Real Estate and Infrastructure Inavestments
- Commodities and Natural Resources Investments
- Hedge Fund Investments
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this online course you will be able to:
- Understand the features, forms and structures, and risk and return characteristics of hedge fund investments.
- Understand equity-related, event-driven, relative value, opportunistic, and multi-manager hedge fund strategies.
- Understand performance appraisal issues, calculating and interpreting investment returns, and performing diligence of hedge fund investments.
- Investment Management Strategies
- Equity Investments
- Investment Products & Asset Classes
- Alternative Assets