About This Course
Get ready to unlock the potential of private market and alternative investments and broaden your investment horizons. This course provides you with valuable insights into the roles played by private markets and alternative investments in multi-asset portfolios. Delve into key considerations for allocating funds to private, private credit, and other alternative investments to gain a comprehensive understanding of their potential benefits and challenges. This course will give you a better understanding of the various categories and features of private market and alternative investments, comparing different investment methods and ownership structures commonly used in this domain.
Course modules include:
- Module 1: Why invest in Private Markets and Alternatives
- Module 2: Survey of Private Markets and Alternative Investments
- Module 3: Alternative Investment Performance and Returns
- Module 4: Practitioner Perspectives
This course is part of the Private Markets and Alternative Investments Certificate.
This course is part of a private markets and alternative investment series. It is suggested, but not required, that learners complete the courses in the recommended order below to ensure uniform foundational knowledge.
- Introduction to Private Markets and Alternative Investments
- Private Equity and Private Credit Investments
- Real Estate and Infrastructure Investments
- Commodities and Natural Resources Investments
- Hedge Fund Investments
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this online course you will be able to:
- Explain the various roles that private markets and alternative investments play in multi-asset portfolios.
- Discuss key investment considerations for allocating funds to private equity, private debt, hedge funds, commodities and natural resources, real estate and infrastructure.
- Describe the potential benefits and challenges associated with investing in private markets and alternative investments.
- Equity Investments
- Investment Products & Asset Classes
- Alternative Assets